The FlowScan™ system from Aspect Imaging is a novel platform for real-time, non-invasive rheological measurements of all liquids for in-line or on-line (process control) industrial applications. Based on MRI technology used in medical imaging, the FlowScan allows the industrial rheologist to benefit from a powerful, easy-to-use and completely non-invasive (no plungers, no cleaning, no moving parts) system for real-time rheological measurement.
Real-time, non-invasive rheology for in-line and on-line (process control) applications.
- Automated sample handling – liquid flows directly through FlowScan
- No maintenance or wear-and-tear
- No moving parts, no cleaning
Used for wide variety of materials, wide variety of applications:
- Composition (via localized spectroscopy)
- Detailed multi-variable analysis
- The FlowScan generates a flow image and a single pressure drop measurement that provide information sufficient to construct a rheogram.
- Apparent yield stress and apparent slip velocity, which frequently occur in complex fluids such as food or personal care products, can be directly observed.
- Flow imaging can also provide information on phase separation, of interest in systems where settling of heavy particles or rising of a gas phase may occur and needs to be detected and or quantified.