Aspect AI-60 Online Process – Silicon Industry
The AI-60 is unique in its ability for high Variable Temperature Control that enables the user to analyze in real time the actual physical process parameters:
- Variable Temperature Control (-20 to 80 deg C).
- Flow Rates: 1 – 20 ml/min without loss of resolution.
- Jacketed Probe Design allows N2 purge minimizing condensation at low temperatures.
- Less than 3ml total sample volume
It is this unique ability of the AI-60 to acquire process data at actual process temperatures that “saves the day” for silicon, crude oil, polymers and many other processes.
Aspect AI-60 Online Process – Reaction Monitoring
- 60 MHz NMR was used to monitor three reaction processes; imine formation, CDI mediated amide coupling and transesterification.
- Each reaction was monitored at regular intervals by both 400 and 60 MHz NMR and the data was overlaid to compare the profiles obtained at the two different field strengths.
- NMR data generated from these three reactions demonstrates the application of low field NMR as a PAT tool for reaction monitoring.
- It is planned to utilize chemometric analysis in the future to enhance reaction profiling and investigation further complex reaction processes.